These are sermons and devotional messages by other people that spoke to my heart. I like to keep them for future reference. I claim no copyrights to any of them. They are here just to help me when I need to hear the message again. (Emphasis is mine, as these are the lines that spoke the loudest to me). Links to the original sermon page as well as the ministry page are placed in each one. Links to scriptures are included through Biblia.com or BibleGateway.com

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fix Your Eyes On God

Fix Your Eyes On God

By www.jesus-is-lord-the-way-the-truth-the-life.com's FaceBook page


And Moses and Aaron gathered the assembly together before the rock; and he said to them, "Hear now, you rebels! Must we bring water for you out of this rock?" Numbers 20:10

"It is easy to see why Moses became frustrated with the Hebrew people. They were so hard-hearted and weak in their faith that Moses lost his patience and became angry with them. Yet every time Moses shifted his focus away from God, it cost him. When he sought to help his people by taking matters into his own hands, he spent the next forty years herding sheep in the wilderness (Exod. 2:11-15). This time his impetuous behavior cost him the opportunity to enter the Promised Land (Num. 20:12). In his frustration at the peoples' irreverence, Moses committed the very same sin, blatantly disobeying God's instructions. How did this happen? Moses allowed his attention to shift to the behavior of others rather than focusing on the activity of God.

This could happen to you as well. God has put people around you who need your ministry to them.You will never be able to properly help them, however, unless your primary focus is on God. If you concentrate on people, their weaknesses, their disobedience, their lack of faith, and their stubbornness will quickly frustrate you.

You may, like Moses, commit the very sins you are condemning. If, however, your eyes are fixed on holy God, you will become more like Him - gracious, forgiving, long-suffering, and righteous. When a friend's behavior disappoints you, go immediately to the Lord. Seek to discern what God is wanting to do in your friend's life rather than concentrating on your friend's sin. Then you will have the strength, wisdom, and patience you need to help your friend in the way God desires."



 
Experiencing GOD Day By Day
By: Henry T. Blackaby & Richard Blackaby


1 comment:

Chica said...

I thought I had written someone out of my life because it was the best thing to do. This person is not a Christian. Just the opposite, he blatantly rejects anything Christian. The spiritual warfare around him makes even my skin feel terrible. It is something that I feel is way 'over my head'. I haven't been a Christian long enough to deal with this extreme amount of warfare. I told him The Truth about Jesus, and he rejects it over and over. I felt as such that I did my duty as a Christian, and now it was also my duty to walk away as to not put my own salvation at risk. Is this the right thing to do? Should I walk away from this friendship? Or should I stick it out and try to talk to God more? I thought I talked to Him enough that I felt I was doing as He wished me to do. Now, with this message today and how strongly it has hit my heart; I'm wondering... is God telling me to hang on to this friendship even longer? Is there a possibility that this person could be saved through me? How do I deal with this kind of extreme evil spirit influence?