These are sermons and devotional messages by other people that spoke to my heart. I like to keep them for future reference. I claim no copyrights to any of them. They are here just to help me when I need to hear the message again. (Emphasis is mine, as these are the lines that spoke the loudest to me). Links to the original sermon page as well as the ministry page are placed in each one. Links to scriptures are included through Biblia.com or BibleGateway.com

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bullied?

Bullied?

Posted by: Brenda J. Wood (Heartfelt Devotionals)


I’m a little boy with glasses, the one they call a geek;
a little girl who never smiles cause I’ve got braces on my teeth.
I’m that kid on every playground who is always chosen last;
you don’t have to be my friend,
but is it too much to ask:
don’t laugh at me, don’t call me names,
don’t get your pleasure from my pain?

In God’s eyes we’re all the same.
RE-POST for bully awareness… It could happen to any child

I was one of those bullied due to my size..Only I was the big kid…the new kid in school, etc…
Beware who you bully! They might grow up to be a writer…
Thanks to Carley Cooper for this poem.


Comments left


on Facebook:   This one hit home for me. Being very tall, super skinny, and super shy was a very difficult thing to live down as well. Awareness of this issue is so important. I know from experience, it can affect you for the rest of your life.

on Heartfelt Devotions blog:  Thanks Brenda. I was just passing it along as I found it, but it hit right at home for me.

 

No comments: